I've been included in a Minnesota anthology "Under Purple Skies", now available on Amazon!

My second chapbook, "The Second Book of Pearl: The Cats" is now available as either a paper chapbook or as a downloadable item. See below for the Pay Pal link or click on its cover just to the right of the newest blog post to download to your Kindle, iPad, or Nook. Just $3.99 for inspired tales of gin, gambling addiction and inter-feline betrayal.

My first chapbook, I Was Raised to be A Lert is in its third printing and is available both via the PayPal link below and on smashwords! Order one? Download one? It's all for you, baby!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Graffiti! or Free Tibet (With Purchase of Large Coffee)

 I gave myself a case of Vandal-Fighters Thumb this morning.

My stance on vandalism is well known in these parts: I’m against it. And there, in my three-sided, glass bus enclosure, a moron and a green felt tip pen collided in a semi-literate display of self-satisfaction.

First there was a phone number listed below the phrase “For Free Heab”. Heab? Free heab? Ladies and gentlemen, if you’re out this weekend and someone suggests the possibility of free heab, I suggest you proceed with caution.

Free heab may lead to free biseases.

I’ve rubbed it out, of course; and I have the green thumb to prove it.

I also rubbed out Taylor loves – well, we’ll never know who Taylor loves, now. Both Taylor and the object of her affection have been rubbed off the bus shelter, the memory of which lies only with Taylor and my stained thumb. The script was hard to read, anyway, a convoluted series of squiggles and dots. Judging by the penmanship, however, Taylor is young and will no doubt proclaim her love for future beaux in similarly public ways.

And I will be here, sacrificing my thumb nail and skin color to do it.

15 comments:

Shelly said...

You're one of the good ones, Pearlie-

vanilla said...

Such a caring citizen. May goodness follow you all your days.

jenny_o said...

You're a better person than I am. I would be afraid to get my thumb anywhere near that green writing. In case of bisease, you understand.

Should Fish More said...

Where did you get this dislike for this Germanic tribe, originally from Scandinavia? They made nice jewelry, and mostly tried to perpetuate the Roman culture when they settled around Europe and North Africa.

Bill Lisleman said...

Just a wild guess - Taylor loves free heab.

joeh said...

New meaning to going green.

Never mind, actually, kinda the same.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
My green thumb is limited to tomato growth and the odd flowery out-potting.

And Taylors oughtta know when their cloth is cut... YAM xx

Buttons Thoughts said...

I agree with Shelly:):) B

Geo. said...

I'm with Should Fish More on this one. If our calls for solidarity are rubbed out, we heabs will never be free. We would also like to meet Taylor.

sage said...

I was going to write something, then I read Geo's comments and rolled over laughing...

ThreeOldKeys said...

But think of all the poor people who have missed out on heaby freebies.

Joanne Noragon said...

You might consider one of those tiny spray bottles, water of course, and a couple of extra napkins, in your purse. Although for those oil based markers, a tiny spray bottle of some other solvent would be good. And extra napkins. Oh, and a tiny brush for scrubbing. A spotless shelter is the best shelter.

Connie said...

Thanks for taking one for the team, Pearl. You are good people. :)

Watson said...

Makes me think of my mom spitting on her thumb to wipe ice cream off my face! You are an angel to all the bus shelters Pearl! Would it be easier to carry a little plastic bag with a wet sponge?

Linda O'Connell said...

Next you will be sandblasting graffiti off underpasses. Thumbs up to you, Pearl.