The rules of the game are that I have to admit to seven quirky personality traits that are evidenced in my blog, then pass it on to seven other bloggers who will do the same.
We have Kevin at Helminthdale – which is just south of Helm’s Deep, I believe – to thank for this bit of silliness. Everyone go over there and razz him.
While quite sure that I have no quirky personality traits, I’m also quite sure that I do, so ambiguity aside, let’s get right to it, shall we?
1. I am absolutely sure that I know exactly what is going on around here, and yet am constantly baffled by what is going on around here. People mistake the look on my face for serenity, but I’m actually confused. I find two margaritas, applied internally, usually does the trick. I don’t know any more than I did before, but I care less.
2. Generally speaking, I like people. For days at a time. And then I don’t. There are days where everyone I see is ugly, unhappy, suspicious, and untrustworthy. And then I realize that it’s not them I’m looking at – it’s me. One thing writing a blog has shown me is that most of what I find annoying in situations/others is what I find annoying in myself.
3. I have extensive musical interests. My idea of hell is a party where only the music from my high school years is played. Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin all have their place, but I can go the rest of my life without hearing “Walk This Way” again. It's different for everyone. For me, it's "Walk This Way".
4. I intensely dislike being caught in the rain without an umbrella. I dislike this so much I’ve actually written about it, which is either a sign of how sincere I am about it or a statement of just what kind of crap you can be reduced to writing when you write a daily blog.
5. When I have a lot to do and a short time to do it, I’m fabulously productive. When I have all the time in the world and nothing planned, I sit on my butt in front of the television secretly congratulating myself on never having received an invitation to appear on The Maury Povich Show (all the while watching The Maury Povich Show). Now that’s classy!
6. Despite certain blogs labeled “My Cat Has a Secret Life”, I do not actually suspect Liza Bean Bitey (of the Minneapolis Biteys) of living a James-Bond-esque existence. It amuses me to think so, however, so I shall continue to insist that it’s true.
7. In the right frame of mind, the bus is the cheapest entertainment out there. It is only when you start taking your own judgments/opinions regarding your fellow bus riders seriously that it becomes annoying. Or when someone accidentally hits you in the head with their bag. Or when someone really stinks. Or when someone will not shut the !@#$ up. At all other times it is amusing. Oh, and when they won’t move over on their own but need to be told “Please move so I can sit”. That’s annoying, too. Wait. What was my last point?
This is my first – and possibly last! – meme. I already feel that I’ve cheated myself/you out of a day of writing, and we’ve already covered (ad nauseam, I’m sure!) that I like to write every day.
I hereby and forthwith nominate the following blogs to carry on with seven quirky things about themselves, as evidenced by their blog.
• Idiot Stew, a thoughtful man prone to beer drinking. And thought.
• Kavi, someone who writes and offers insight on everything he sees.
• Chris, an irreverent man with some excellent stories.
• Rene, whether it’s poetry or observational humor, you always walk away feeling refreshed somehow…
• Vic, whose blog’s conversational tone makes me wonder why she doesn’t offer me a beer. And then I remember, she’s in California and we don’t know each other.
• Red Squirrel, a smart ass of the first order. Also claims to be good at pub quizzes, but he might be lying about that.
• Douglas, often acting as the Voice of Reason but possibly doing all his blogging in his underwear under a palm tree in his backyard.
I could actually recommend a number of other blogs, so I shall.
Jules? Complete freak. You should go.
Mandy’s Kidding? Funny gal. Owes me money. (Not really.)
Braja? Woke up and found herself in India. True story.
Both Sweet Cheeks and Powdergirl, whose blogs have gone "by invitation only" for the time being are also favorites.
See? This is how you get in trouble. You start listing blogs and I've already left off about 60 other blogs. I read an awful lot of them, love each and every one.
Dar? Joce? Ann? I still love you.
In the Buff
57 minutes ago