I've been included in a Minnesota anthology "Under Purple Skies", now available on Amazon!

My second chapbook, "The Second Book of Pearl: The Cats" is now available as either a paper chapbook or as a downloadable item. See below for the Pay Pal link or click on its cover just to the right of the newest blog post to download to your Kindle, iPad, or Nook. Just $3.99 for inspired tales of gin, gambling addiction and inter-feline betrayal.

My first chapbook, I Was Raised to be A Lert is in its third printing and is available both via the PayPal link below and on smashwords! Order one? Download one? It's all for you, baby!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Welcome to Friday

And welcome, people, to Friday! I am writing this, of course, on Thursday, a day consumed with fighting off the hangover I insisted on cultivating the night before. So far, a combination of work, writing, cooking and massive amounts of water and Fresca seem to have kept my urge to lie in the dark in the fetal position at bay.

How did I get to this deplorable state?

Wednesday night, Molly and I went to Dusty's for drinks and drinks and drinks. We were joined by others who seemed to think we were on to something.

I awoke in the morning with a headache, minus $40, and a notebook with pages of near-indecipherable notes.

Molly, RD, Vin, Ciena, Bill, and me.
Drinks and general goofiness.
The Pogues are on the jukebox! I looooove the Pogues!
RD is doing silly finger tricks to prove his sobriety. RD does not get out enough! Must speak to him about this.
The East Coast Contingency (John) knows the rules to Bizz-Buzz (drinking game). Have invited him to Misfit Thanksgiving the day after something.


The notes gradually became illegible.

Pawling in 2. Frippen on the ritley!
Shannon, Willie, Jeff and Kathy are here! Yay! Krinnen galaxy particles spinnen sideways.
Early Fano are! Turn around and there is Erin!


Clearly it was all very exciting.  Normally sparing with my exclamation marks, the pages are explosive with diagrams, underlining, and wildly effusive punctuation.

And then comes my favorite note of the night: “This will all make sense in the morning, I am sure of it.”

I’m still waiting for it to make sense and will let you know what it all means just as soon as I figure it out.

In the meantime, Happy Friday to you. Frippen on the ritley -- and take notes.

23 comments:

Indigo Roth said...

Fluent gibberish. Huzzah!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Hee Hee! Bizz Buzz! Oh, the high school memories. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the occasional weekday hangover!!

Notes From ABroad said...

What does it mean if I understood it all without a translation ?

Happy Frippin Friday honey ..

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

How did you get Pawling in 2? It almost always takes me 3 . . .

Anonymous said...

Wasn't yesterday Monday...frippen ritley.

Silliyak said...

And I'm proud that we were all here today to read this authentic frontier gibberish...

Should Fish More said...

Silliyak....good Blazing Saddles reference.

While I haven't had a hangover in quite some time, I've had people ask what I meant by something in my blog. Usually I'm as puzzled as they are.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
TGIF and POETS-day**... either way, when it's done, you can do the lie down in darkened spaces thing. THEN perhaps the meanings will reveal themselves.

YAM xx

**thank God it's Friday/piss off early tomorrow's Satur-day...

jenny_o said...

Clearly you need to reread your notes whilst three sheets to the wind - THEN the real meaning will be clear.

Have a good weekend, Pearl!

Silliyak said...

In one sense, your notes may have been written in the Fifth dimension...

Mary Koppel said...

Krinen galaxy particles always spin sideways, don't they? they do in CA at least...enjoy your weekend, dear Pearl.

Al Penwasser said...

I remember a time when Thursday was an "Honorary Friday." That meant staying out until 2 am and then getting up for work in a few hours. But, I left that in my 20s. I've gotten much more boring since.
And less tolerant of hangovers.

Connie said...

Happy Friday! :D

Jocelyn said...

Our love of Fresca and our ability to write later-indecipherable notes pretty much make us separated-at-birth twins.

Don't tell my real sister, but most days, I kind of like you better.

River said...

I'm guessing you Had! a Good! Time!!

Cro Magnon said...

I keep pen and paper by my bedside. Often night-time notes make as much sense as yours.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your gibberish is even funny. Saturday is going to be a sleeper, I'll bet.

the walking man said...

Those were great notes, they made perfect sense to me who read them on Saturday.

Unknown said...

Good luck making sense of those notes! lol

Drake Sigar said...

You're obviously trying to tell us something about the location of the Templar's treasure.

Catalyst said...

I'm reminded of the (old) days of smoking pot and having great revelatory thoughts. Supposedly this one guy thought he'd spoken with God (or somebody equally important to him) and wrote his great thought down on a notepad so he'd recall it the next day. In the morning he looked at the pad. It said "This room smells funny."

Chicken said...

If you were Carly Simon you might claim I think this post is about me and you would be right. In other news, I've ditched blogger and have moved to Wordpress. I'm up and running although much remains to be learned. I hope you'll visit and try one more time to add me, Pearl.
Thanks and rippert da frippen to you.

Anonymous said...

This is a test, only a test. Should this have been a real emergency, you would have been directed to get off your computer and go stand in the road without a coat or hat.