But what does the iPod say about it? As usual, the morning’s commute will tell us all we need to know about the weekend!
Watchin’ the Detectives by Elvis Costello and The Attractions
Little Walter Rides Again by Medeski, Scofield, Martin and Wood
Rock Candy by Montrose
Get A Move On by The Quantic Soul Orchestra
Fire of Ada by Tin Hat Trio
Pigs in Zen by Jane’s Addiction
Black Math by The White Stripes
My Party by Kings of Leon
Montrose? Featuring the I-Can’t-Drive-55 voice of the irrepressible Sammy Hagar? I’ll need a haircut and, for some reason, a bandanna.
Today’s post will not be so much a post as it is an invitation and an awarding. Firstly, I’m sure you’ve already noticed this, but it’s October. In the U.S., this means we play at superstition for a couple weeks. With Halloween on the 31st, our minds turn toward the occult, fear, parties, and chocolate.
Mmm. Chocolate-coated fear parties.
For the next three Thursdays, I will be posting “scary” true stories – true as in “they really happened” – culminating with my scariest story on the 29th.
So here’s my invitation. You write your scary story, somebody will show me how to "link", and it'll be like a scary-story party without the drunk chicks and the clean-up in the morning.
Excitin’, ain’t it?
And now! An award was sent to me by Lady Truth at Happily AFTER Ever. This award, to be specific.
So in keeping with the spirit of bloggy love, I present to you the Top 10 Things You Don't Know About Me.
1. I had my tonsils taken out when I was 21. Fun fact: The contraption they use to keep your mouth open, according to my doctor, cuts almost everyone's tongue. Not just mine. Oddly enough, knowing it wasn’t personal did not make me feel better.
2. I have never been out of the U.S. other than to Mexico and the Caribbean. I don’t even own a passport. As a matter of fact, I have not been outside of my own house for almost six months. Well, no. That last bit is not true, but it might as well be. *sigh*
3. When I am bored with a conversation, I push back my cuticles. I actually just caught on to this the other day. I’ve told the bulk of my friends. I have not told the boring ones.
4. I love bubble baths. Liza Bean Bitey (of the Minneapolis Biteys) and Dolly Gee Squeakers (formerly of the Humane Society Squeakers) do not, although they will both sit on the edge of the tub and tilt their fuzzy little heads this way and that at me. You'd think they'd never seen me take a bath before.
5. It’s expensive, but I enjoy the feeling of a run in one’s nylons. Please see #2 for possible reason for my simple tastes.
6. I have a Fresca habit. There. It’s out in the open.
7. I was a complete metalhead in my 20s. I may have jarred a couple brain cells loose; but as it turns out, I have had no real need for them.
8. I read a lot. It’s one of the things I’m going to miss when I’m dead. Reading.
9. I am a very easygoing person. Until I’m not. You will know when I’m angry by how civil I am. It’s a little trait we cultivate here in the northern states. Other places know it by "Passive Aggressive". We call it "Minnesota Nice".
10. I can't think of a 10th thing. I'll have to owe you.
And now, to award the award to the most award-worthy people I know. Step forward and be bludgeoned!
Mr. London Street
Jocelyn at O Mighty Crisis
CatLadyLarew at How to Be a Cat Lady – Without the Cats
Amy at Bitchin’ Wives Club
Douglas at Boomer Musings
There ya go, kids. Consider yourself slathered with bloggy love.
And don't forget to come back.